Saturday, December 30, 2006

Touring Chronicles -2

To continue from where I left…I headed towards the terminal A18 to catch my connecting flight to Stuttgart. After taking directions from a good number of people, I found my self running to make it to the terminal before my flight leaves. I some how made it there panting and puffing just to learn that the terminal has been changed and now I had go to A23 which is a bit at the further end. I had a good amount of physical exercise. I ran for almost about 2.5 km to 3km nonstop. This was my first taste of an international…oops sorry truly international airport.

So finally after all this was again welcomed by the cold German climate. German climate could come out very harsh upon somebody like me who never had to step out of the comforting southern India’s tropical climate. This was my first taste of cold climates. Thank god, I am not a part of Russian rollout or a Siberian rollout. I would have definitely died of the cold. After all this the true fun was the flight. This was an early morning flight and I had a pretty good chance of seeing out of the window. But this time it was just a 20 minute flight. It was more like a take off and landing for a test. But the feel itself is no less. The flight though not an international one, was more comfortable than my previous. It had a fair amount of leg space unlike my previous one.

But the best part of the flight was my first aerial view of Europe. Can’t say it is a love at first sight, it was even before that. Europe has a breath taking landscape. I decided, this was the place I will settle down and lead the rest of my life. How was I to know then that I was going to change that pretty soon? Landed out in the Stuttgart air port. Was really fascinated to see, the Daimler Chrysler Aviation hangar in the air port. Later I learned that DC was into aviation before. A sense of pride came in involuntarily. This was a dream come true. I always wanted to work for a company like DC. Though I am not directly working for them, in some indirect way or the other I am with them. So, one mission accomplished. A sense of satisfaction followed by some other feeling. What was it? My first sense of loneliness? May be…

Tried collecting my luggage at the baggage collection point and at the same time was looking around as to see if somebody had come to pick me up. KC had already informed me that as it was a working day, he would try to send someone but if I don’t find any one I had to make it to the office directly by hiring a taxi. After some 5 to 10 minutes of search, I was able to make out a familiar face. Mannu bhai was standing there and was waving his hand. Thank god and thank KC and thanks mommy. I felt relieved. Later I learned that Mannu bhai was here just by a chance. His flight to Amsterdam had got cancelled for some reason and he waited for some more time to pick me up as he knew I was coming. Thanks to Mannu bhai for that. So, reached office with nothing eventful. Had my first taste of an European Merc taxi ride. That was only my second time in a Merc and my first in a Merc taxi….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home